For more than 100 years, the Greater Summerville/Dorchester County Chamber of Commerce has been an advocate for area business and an integral part of the growth in Summerville and the surrounding areas. The Chamber is not only concerned with protecting established businesses but also in supporting new business owners and fostering their growth.
Top 10 Reasons to Join:
- Networking - Chamber events are the perfect opportunity to bump elbows with fellow business people and make important connections!
- A Great Partnership - Be a part of what is happening in Summerville and Dorchester County. Membership gives you a voice!
- Credibility - Membership in the Chamber instantly boosts positive perception of your business with consumers and fellow business owners.
- Professional Development - We host multiple workshops and training opportunities throughout the year that will give you and your employees the cutting edge!
- Referrals - We constantly get phone calls about where to do business, and we point them to our members first!
- Unique Advertising Opportunities - Advertise on the Chamber's website or in the Visitors Center, where the community goes to look for business and information!
- Find Your Niche - We have multiple Divisions and Councils that may fit your passion: Public Policy, Workforce Development, Tourism, Energy & Environment, etc.
- Member Only Benefits - Host a free ribbon cutting or groundbreaking! Also, get discounts from the Summerville Journal Scene, Constant Contact, and the Charleston Regional Business Journal!
- Supporting Business - Just by being a member of the Chamber, you are supporting a healthy business environment for Summerville and Dorchester County.
- A Valuable Resource - We are here to help you grow and sustain your business! Ask us, and if we don't know the answer, we will point you in the direction that does!
By joining the Chamber, you are investing in a thriving and dynamic future for our area. For more information about us, please call (843) 873-2931.
So You Joined the Chamber…Now What?
As a new member of the Chamber, you have joined over 800 businesses working to protect and promote the economic vitality and quality of life in Summerville and Dorchester County.
Make your membership work for you today:
- Check Your New Listing
As part of your membership, you receive an online listing that contains your basic contact information and a link to your website. Please find your listing in the directory and verify the information. If you need to make any changes, email us here.
- Bring Us Your Business Cards
Every day, new residents and visitors stop in or call us looking for information about local businesses. Don’t miss the opportunity to promote your business to thousands of people. Please drop off your business cards to our office – 402 N. Main Street - to be displayed.
- Attend An Upcoming Event Or Meeting - like a New Member Coffee networking event!
Our calendar is full of events and meetings. Some of our events are driven by networking and others focus on topics that are of interest to the business community. Learn more about these events and register by visiting our calendar.
- Get Involved In A Chamber Division/Council
The Chamber has five divisions and six area specific councils. Take a look at the list to see where you would have an interest in getting involved.
- Follow Us On Social Media
New members will receive a listing on the Chamber’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Make sure to follow the Summerville Chamber on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to stay connected on all of the important things we do and have coming up.